Why You Should Pay Attention to a Building Facade Maintenance
Regular maintenance and cleaning of building facade in Singapore are important as it helps to prevent over-deterioration of the building while ensuring the continued attractiveness of the building’s exterior aesthetics.
Here are the top benefits of periodic facade cleaning and maintenance:
A poorly maintained building facade may become a safety hazard if it has falling debris, cracks, or broken glass. As the owner is legally liable for ensuring the building is in safely maintained through various ways such as adopting fall protection devices, periodic facade cleaning and maintenance helps to ensure there are no safety concerns that may be severely costly and damaging.
- Prevention of long-term and costly damage
Regular cleaning and maintenance prevents further deterioration of the building’s exterior which may even lead to parts needing to be replaced. It is much more cost-effective to prevent damage and prolong the lifespan of the building as compared to being forced to replace damaged parts altogether.
- Preserve’s the building’s image to the public
When newly constructed, a building will look pleasant and impressionable on the minds of people who see it. Normal wear and tear is reasonable and can be understood as just an effect of time, but further deterioration than that will give a negative image and reputation to the building. It is hence necessary to preserve the building’s image for the public in order to make people feel more inclined to visit the premise.
- Easier to observe areas that need repairing from a clean facade
It is much more difficult to identify areas that need repairing if the facade is dirty as compared to finding problem patches from a clean facade. Dirty facades may conceal severe problems and hence should be avoided.
Types of Facade Maintenance
There are various methods of maintenance which are dependent on the type of building and its height:
- Pressure washing: This involves using high-pressure washer to remove dirt from facade using ropes. It is usually fast and environmentally friendly due to using pressurized water instead of any cleaning solutions. However, it may not suit all building materials.
- Moss control: This involves spraying moss control substances any problem areas and then removing any moss by rinsing it afterwards with gentle pressure washing. Rain will also help to wash away any remaining residue.
- Special washing: Special washing is used for specific facades that have a certain paint or plaster on its surface. It uses a higher-pressure washer and a special cleaning agent.
- Lightbox advertisement/logo washing: This is usually done by using telescopic poles with brushes on top and uses clean filtered water to stream onto the advertisement or logo and rubs off the dirt from its surface.
Rope Access Method is the Most Preferred
It is also worthwhile to consider the type of equipment required for facade access, whether be it a mobile elevated platform, suspension cradle or a scaffolding platform. Nonetheless, these platforms only bring about limited access to high areas, especially when the structural design of your building is inherently complicated. Thus, the most ideal type of equipment to adopt for reaching high places is Rope Access.
Rope Access Systems does not bring about much disruption to your daily operations yet it is fast and efficient when guided by professionals. In fact, it is a very safe method as well. Hence, you no longer need to worry about leaving your various types of equipment for high area access on-site overnight, which may be damaged when left untended, hence compromising the safety of your employees.
Therefore, rope access is always the preferred method by professionals and industry experts.
Professional Assistance is Important
Your building façade maintenance requires experts like us, B2S Specialists as there are many areas of maintenance and cleaning for building façades in Singapore that involve safety risks. Hence, with our qualified Rope Access Technician team, we are the best choice to go to for Maintenance of Building Facade services.